October 23, 2009

THE GORILLA

I no longer ask questions.
I have become one.
Can a human in solitary confinement be imagined?
Ask the gorilla.
The world cannot survive without one
Distanced from the others.

Every loose leaf shaking in the hinging wind
Encloses meaning
And lets it free;
The leaf disappears
On its way through your mind's sieve
Until you think you don't need it.
People cannot be what
I want them
They can only, at most, be
Available
To fill the parameters of my need,
My limitations.
So there's no separation,
Each becomes absorbed into the world you perceive,
The world you devised around yourself,
The world you will create again.
And now that it's time to blame them,
Is it useful to wonder what is and is not real?
Or should you ask:
What is me and what is you
and if there is a difference
I can ever comprehend?
Ask the gorilla.
He'd appreciate that.